Monday, March 12, 2012

The purpose of my blog :)

Welcome to my blog!
...even if this welcome is viewed just by me, I say welcome! The purpose of my blog is for me to take the time for myself and type out my thoughts, right in front of me, for me to see. I can look back at them or someday my kids may want to read what/how I felt about certain things, or just know their mother's random thoughts. I love to write. I'm not saying I'm good at it, I just love to do it. When trying to communicate my feelings, I feel it's easier for me to justly express myself when I'm writing them down, as opposed to trying to verbalize them. Sometimes when I try to explain or communicate myself, my many emotions get tangled up and it causes my words to come out wrong. I feel I frequently get taken the wrong way, or misunderstood. With writing, my thoughts seem to flow and I'm able to express myself more accurately :). 

My blog is not up for criticism, critique or discussion. It's just my feelings, experiences, and thoughts down for me to see, physically, in front of me. I was telling a close friend of mine my plan to blog to myself, and she asked if she could read my blog too. After thinking about it, I am taking a chance, leaving my "safe-place", and exposing myself by making some of my thoughts public. By doing so, maybe just maybe someone will connect with something I'm thinking, and if anything, they will know they are not alone. 

So here I go on my new writing adventure!